Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Poem of the Day.

Have I ever mentioned I also enjoy poetry? Eh, probably not. I like all forms of writing, for future reference. There's nothing I do not enjoy.

So, here's my Poem of the Day. Maybe I'll start doing this everyday (when my schedule permits, of course). That's my goal.

(Hopefully I can follow through on this one....we'll see.)

Anywho, todays poem....

Song

by: Christina Rossetti

When I am dead, my dearest,
Sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree:
Be the green grass above me
With showers and dewdrops wet;
And if thou wilt, remember,
And if thou wilt, forget.

I shall not see the shadows,
I shall not feel the rain;
I shall not hear the nightingale
Sing on, as if in pain;
And dreaming through the twilight
That doth not rise nor set,
Haply I may remember,
And haply may forget.



***Leave me a comment and I'll view and comment your blog. :) ***

0 comments:

Post a Comment