Monday, October 26, 2009

Return of the....I wish I had a cool name for myself.

I have been away. While I doubt you noticed, I'll talk about why anyways. So there.

I've been reading quite a bit lately.

It started with The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

On to Dead As a Doornail by Charlaine Harris.

(I've yet to finish this. I can't stand these books. I only keep reading because I want to know what happens, and they make for a fantastic tv show. But I'm tired of reading three pages every chapter about her bedtime routine. We don't care what pajamas you're wearing to bed. We don't care about the makeup applying process before you leave for work. Just get to the damn story. Stop telling us what you're doing every second of every day. We don't need all that.)

And I read Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin yesterday. If I hadn't already been a vegetarian, that book would've made me one. As a matter of fact, I don't think I'll be able to consume another dairy product either after reading it. So thank you Rory and Kim, veganism here I come.

(I do highly recommend everyone reads that. No, I'm not trying to make you change your eating habits. I just think people should rethink where they're getting their food. For example, don't feed your babies any baby meats from the jar. It's common for them to mix rotten meat with fresh meat, and sell it for baby food. It turns my stomach to think my kids could've gotten rotten meat out of a "trusted" brand's jar. Never again.)

What more info on Skinny Bitch and other books by the witty duo?

I'll be starting Level 26 by Anthony E. Zuiker with Duane Swierczynski sometime today if I'm lucky. If anyone has read this, let me know what you thought.

So there you have it. I've been reading, and when I'm reading I don't have much to say about anything. Why blog if I don't have anything to say?



***Leave me a comment and I'll view and comment your blog. :) ***

2 comments:

Brochures Printing said...

I've heard raves about Level 26. I think that would be a good read too... Oh, well.. I better pick up a book too! :D

Amanda said...

Yeah I thought it was a great read. It was very interesting, and reminded me of James Patterson's writing style, in that it got straight to the point. No time was wasted on pointless details. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

Post a Comment